Here are some little known facts about marine engineering:
- Marine engineering is a field that involves the design, development, and operation of ships and other marine vessels, as well as the systems and equipment that power and support them.
- Marine engineering is a diverse field that encompasses a range of sub-disciplines, including naval architecture, mechanical engineering, and electrical engineering.
- Marine engineers are responsible for the design, construction, and maintenance of ships and other marine vessels, as well as the systems and equipment that power and support them. This may include engines, generators, pumps, and other mechanical and electrical systems.
- Marine engineers work on a variety of projects, including the design and construction of new vessels, the retrofitting of existing vessels, and the development of new technologies and systems for use in the marine industry.
- Marine engineering is a global field, with employment opportunities available in countries around the world. Marine engineers may work in the shipping, offshore oil and gas, and military industries, among others.
- Marine engineering is a challenging field that requires a strong foundation in math and science, as well as excellent problem-solving and technical skills.
- Marine engineers may work in a variety of settings, including shipyards, offices, and on board ships. They may also be required to travel frequently for work.